Welcome to the CDC Development and Sustainability Department!
The Development and Sustainability Department is a mission driven, innovative team of professionals focused on providing solutions to rural local governments, small businesses, low- and moderate-income residents, and nonprofit organizations.
Our values propel us to proudly deliver excellence in programs and projects to our community. Below are some of the services we provide.
Community and Economic Development
- CDBG and HOME administration, including program and project conceptualization, application preparation, and activities implementation for small cities and counties
- Affordable housing development and rehabilitation project management services
- Homeownership assistance implementation services
- Economic development technical assistance
Sustainability and Energy Efficiency
- Mendocino Lake County Energy Watch, a partnership between Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) and CDC – provides energy efficiency audits and advice, funding and project assistance for energy efficiency retrofits, energy consumption benchmarking and training, and educational opportunities. Contact us at http://www.mendoenergy.org
- No-cost energy efficiency commercial audits and rebates/incentives for small businesses, nonprofits, special districts, and local government agencies.
- Proposition 39 energy management assistance to schools
- Educational workshops and trainings hosted by PG&E
- Energy benchmarking services utilizing ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager